Saturday, July 29, 2017

FABRIC AND MORE FABRIC!!!!!!


The fun part about being an Island Batik Ambassador is twice a year we get the most fantastic fabrics ever!!

This box is no exception!




Notice the black fabric to the right?  That is rayon, I have an idea of what I am going to make with it....so stay tuned.

Aren't these fabrics just out of this world?  These are the Fall/winter collection of 2017!

If you are wondering where to buy Island Batik closest to you go to their website and up top they have a store locator.

--------------------------------

My husband and I have been putting fence up in the pasture....oh my stinking gosh, I have not worked this hard in forever.  I have bruises, cramped hands, and aching bones and in 103 degree weather to boot.  I have to admit, I do love helping him.

Today we were putting post in the ground for more fencing but lucky me we had a son come to help.  My job is tying the fence to the metal post...I can do that!!!  Once I got the hang of it, it went pretty quick.....

7 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Fencing is hard work but once you get the system happening it goes ok and then the fence is done.....it is such a rewarding job once finished......

Needled Mom said...

That makes for hot work!! Be careful.

Beautiful fabrics.

Gene Black said...

Wow, that is a nice stash of batiks.
The rayon is nice for garments. You should make a simple blouse out of it. If there isn't enough for a full blouse, then use it for the front and use black cotton for the back of the blouse.

Suzanne said...

oh...it's like a Christmas present in July! I look forward to seeing what you create with all this fabric goodness.

Snoodles said...

So familiar....love to help hubby here with fencing, tractoring, etc. Congrats on your "haul" can't wait to see what you create!

KaHolly said...

What wonderful mail! Love those batiks! I don't work with them often, but when I do, I wonder why I don't pull them out more often. I just finished quilting my sea turtles quilt. OMG, it's so cute! Binding today, then pictures. You be careful working out there in that heat, young lady!

QuiltShopGal said...

Beautiful fabric. I have also been wanting to create something with batik rayon, ideally a summer dress. I look forward to seeing what you create with yours.

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

PS - My body goes on strike in 100+ temperatures. I'm impressed you built a fence!